We then drove into riverside for a particular type of tea (don't ask) and then up towards UCR to catch a movie. We saw Kill Bill Vol.1, which was fucking incredible. Bloody and violent and damn good. And they got the kimono right ... i love kimono ...
Anyway, go see the movie. It's all sorts of great.
I needed this today, after the total shit couple of days i've had lately ... Charles, I had great fun and we've got to get together again.
I used the defibrillator this morning on a dog ... dog was fine all night, and i had been on the phone with the owner about how the dog had been stable all night, and they were on their way in to transfer the dog to the referring vet, and the fucker (who was just in for vomiting) collapsed in his cage and just ... died ... we got him out right away ... CPR, epinephrine, atropine, ventilation ... the dog never made any sort of response. So Dr. Rojas says, "too bad no one knows how to use the defibrilltor."
I know how to use the defibrillator. Sorta.
So I grab the machine ... we don't really know how high to set the machine, so I, um, guessed. I guessed a little high, but it didn't really matter. Zap!thunk, and no response ... zap!thunk again, and no response ... so we stop. The whole treatment area smelled like barbecued shar-pei.
Really sucked when the owners came in ... they were expecting their dog to be stable and ready for transport, and he was dead.
Just goes to show that there are no stable patients ... this is why i'm a freak at work about patient care and monitoring. Not that we missed anything here ... we caught the dog as he started going, there just was no saving him.
Shitty way to end the shift ... it was nice to come home to crawl into bed with Michael after that.
And I stole this boyfriend survey from stephinextremis
1. Do you have a boyfriend? yes
2. What is his name? Michael
3. How did you meet? at Totally Coffee
4. When did you meet? about 11 months ago, just before my birthday last year ... I'd met him before, but we never really talked before then.
5. Do you remember what you were wearing when you first met? um, no.
6. Do you remember what he was wearing when you first met? nope.
7. Do you remember a song that was popular at the time you first met? popular? i don't know.
8. Do you have a special song? "pretty when you cry" - VAST ... there's a really funny story that I'm not going to tell here ...
9. Do you have a special movie? nope
10. What is the age gap between both of you? two years
11. Do you like being older/younger? it seems to be irrelevant.
12. Do you know their birthdate? yup.
13. Do you know where they were born? not a clue. Ok, well he reads this over my shoulder and tells me "Santa Ana".
14. Is he/she a star sign that are you compatible with? From what I've read, nope.
15. Do they have annoying habits? Probably no more than I do. But we all do.
16. Have you told them about their annoying habit(s)? I mock him ruthlessly.
17. Do they snore? every now and then. but not much at all.
18. Do they hog the bed? heh. yes.
19. Do you have similar interests? yes
20. Do you have similar tastes in music? Yes, with some differences.
21. Do you have kids? hell no.
22. Do you know what your partner is doing now? Reading.
23. When did you last have a fight? We bicker every now and again, but no real fights, so far. We bicker for fun sometimes.
24. When did you last kiss? about three seconds ago.
25. When did you last hug? see above.
26. What color are his eyes? hazel.
27. What color is his hair? brown
28. What do you think their best asset(s) is/are, physically? He's generally a hot piece of ass all around ...
29. What is his worst asset, physically? If i find one, I'll let you know.
30. Do you know his favorite song? If he had one, i probably wouldn't know it anyway.
31. Do you know his favorite movie? nope.
32. Do you know his favorite book? nope.
33. Do you get along with his parents? His mom is a total sweetie .. I haven't met his dad.
34. Do you know what really annoys him? humanity, maybe?
35. If yes, have you ever done it to annoy him? what, be human? I guess so.
36. Do you know the name of his last partner? well yeah. and I know her.
37. Does he ever talk about them? yeah. i don't have any issues about the discussing of ex's.
38. How does he feel about your last partner? I think he might hate him even more than I do.
39. What is the best thing he has ever done for you? he puts up with me, to start ... he makes me smile when nothing else can ... he loves me, and nothing tops that ...
40. What is the most romantic thing he has done for you? getting action on a regular basis is romantic enough for me ... that, and i though the hacking a rose off of a rosebush and giving it to me to make me cheer up was very sweet ...
41. Will you let him see this survey? he read half of it over my shoulder ... i'm sure he'll read the rest later to make sure I didn't say anything scandalous ...
god, that was smarmy.
now, for studying and beer ... i have a midterm tomorrow ...